Actual examples of how we copy and restore old photos.
Restore your family’s precious photos for future generations.
We’re often in a session or on location – CLICK HERE to schedule a time to bring your old photos for an estimate!
If you’re like most people, you probably have a box or an album full of old family photos that you’ve been meaning to preserve, but just never got around to it! Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the more faded those pictures will become.
Don’t you think your kids and grandchildren would love to see their family history? If your kids are young, they may not have the interest just yet, but wait a few years. Once they start having their own children, family photos will become more and more important to them. Don’t let your family history die, just because you “never got around to it”!
We all tend to cling to pictures of weddings, the homestead, and the cheesy and awkward school pictures. Good or bad, pictures help tell our family stories and remind us of who we are. There’s no shortage of ways your photographs can be destroyed – fire, flood, or just the fact that everything just eventually fades. But, nearly all of us value photographs of our past generations. But, most people don’t store their pictures properly, and they get stained and they warp, discolor, and fade. Worse yet, many get cracked and torn. That’s where we can help! We can copy and restore those old photos so that generations to come can have those memories and family history.
By using a unique combination of traditional photographic equipment and the latest in computer technology, we can bring your old family pictures back to life! Your original never leaves our studio!
We’re often in a session or on location – CLICK HERE to schedule a time to bring your old photos for an estimate! Christmas Deadline: Dec. 10th
Some of the basic things we can do for your photographs:
- Remove or add people or things
- Colorize a black & white photograph
- Remove cracks and scratches
- Add titles, names, and graphics
- Our goal is to bring your photos back to their original condition when new (if possible).
- Do you send my original pictures out like most other places? No! To prevent loss, your precious originals never leave our studio!
- How Much? This depends on the amount of work required, but most restorations range from about $50 to $125 for the first finished print. The price depends on the condition of your original, and the finished print size. Duplicate prints are much less.
- What if I have several to restore. Can I get a discount? Maybe. Many people bring us large collections or even old family albums. We try to be fair and flexible, but we have to spend the time necessary on each photo no matter how many you bring. Generally, some will need very little restoration while others may need a lot, so we try to average it all out to give you the best deal. We’ll even work out payment plans, if necessary. That’s the advantage to working directly with us!
- How long? Simple projects can take just a few days, but the time depends on the amount of restoration required and how busy we are at the time. Most restoration projects take 2 – 4 weeks.
- Can I get digital files? We recommend that you get at least one printed copy from us to see the photo at its best quality, but we can also email the restored image file for a small handling fee.
- Will you keep the restored image on file in case I want more later? Yes. Although things can happen, we do try to keep them on file for at least three (3) years. You will only need to pay the reduced fee for duplicate prints as long as we still have the image on file. For safety, we have automatic data backups daily both on-site, and off-site.
Have a shoe box full of old family photos?
We now have an inexpensive photo scanning solution for you to convert all of your photo prints to digital! And, just like our traditional custom photo restoration services, your precious originals never leave our studio! Check out our new PhotoScanExpress service!
Get prices and check out our new PhotoScanExpress service HERE!
Let us properly finish your restoration with a vintage frame! Oval convex glass also available!